First Time Racing?
Follow this! It’s a great guidline to get you started.
- Check the class listing and rules to see what class your sled qualifies for. If you have any questions regarding this, please email: Glynn@RockMapleRacing.com
- Do you have the proper gear? Tekvest, shin guards, orange helmet, and transponder? If not, we rent all of these! When you register online or by fax you need to check of the options for the items you need. Bring your helmet and we have an orange helmet skin to put over your helmet to meet the orange requirement.
- Can you pass a pre-tech inspection? You need a tether & working brake light. Make sure you have a tether and working brake light on your sled prior to the race weekend.
- Now you are ready to go to the Registration tab and fill out the online entry form. You must do this for each race even if you have a membership. If you are not a member select the non-weekend member fee. If you plan to race all season go to the membership tab and purchase an annual membership.
- Fill in all the required information and select any rental gear you need.
- After you are completed with your registration you will need to move on to the ISR insurance requirement. Click on the insurance tab for more information.
- If you are only going to do a few races you can purchase the single event insurance which is $30 per event if done online ahead of time. It’s $40 day of the race so make sure you do this in advance!
- If you plan to race multiple races with RMR and any other ISR sanctioned organization, then purchase the annual insurance. Keep in mind this CANNOT be done via paper copy onsite like last year. It needs to be done on the computer in advance!
- Print out proof of insurance after purchasing it and bring the confirmation to show to us onsite.
- Now you are ready to race! Make sure you check the website for the tentative order of events and plan to be onsite no later than 7:30am to check in and pick up your rental equipment if needed. Friday check in is also available to save time Saturday morning.
- Mount your transponder on your sled before practice so we can ensure it’s working.
- Find a race official or the tech guy to get your pre-inspection sticker.Have your gear on or nearby and make sure your tether and brake light works to ensure you will pass pre-tech.
- Attend the morning drivers meeting which is held around 8:15am.The exact time will be listed on the schedule of events.
- Go for your site lap after the meeting.
- Get a heat sheet from the office to see what heat your race is in.It will tell you which staging lane to get into to prepare for the race and you will see which heat you are in which should give you a rough idea on time.
- Listen to the announcements throughout the day for any race updates.
- Have fun and be safe on the track!